Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Restless...

What is it that causes me to feel so...jittery/bored/understimulated/energetic all at the same time? I constantly feel like I should be doing something, but I'm not sure what. I can't seem to sit still for a second.

I have alot of extra time on my hands since mom and baby moved out, for sure. But it seems more than that. It's like I'm not satisfied. That's it...I'm craving something, but can't put my finger on it.

I guess it'll come to me in time. Until then, I'm having a blast teaching Bella Rue to play volleyball, and my Bowflex is grateful for all the attention its getting after a neglectful couple of months. I've even hosted a BBQ, which isn't like me.

I want to dance.
I want to run.
I want to learn something new.

I want, I want, I want. Me, me, me...

Is it the time of year. Is it the season of my life?

I used to feel content most of the time and now I feel like something is missing.

I'm gonna try chocolate. Maybe I just need more sugar in my life!

4 comments:

Fusion said...

I'm gonna try chocolate...

Spoken like a true woman JoJo ;)

*runs out of room before a bon bon hits me*

gloria said...

i get this. i have been restless lately too. i thought it was "not working" for a while but then when i am in the office for a day here and there i am not satisfied either.... let me know if the chocolate works.

Crystal said...

I think that's pretty normal. I feel this same way from time to time (recently posted the same thing!) but I think it's a good thing.

When you stop challenging yourself; learning new things, giving more, giving less, growing - you become complacent and old/stagnant.

I don't ever want to be completely content. I am at peace with myself, but I never want to stop doing & growing. We have to make the most of every minute we're given. I intend to live life!

Roo said...

chocolate works for me on some days....and then thats only if i find enough self control not to eat too much of it. more often then not, i end up with a great big chocolate induced headache....
:(
these days...i think i would be satisfied if i could just sleep.

one day....